Spent part of this wonderful cool summer day in the garden. Pulled out a lot of 6 ft high weeds in hopes of finding the cherry tomatoes I could see stashed back there. Not only did I find them. I found about 60 plants of them, and other tomatoes alongside the weeds. Got down to pulling weeds and finding a fence system to hold the tomatoes up. Hoping that our fence system will last for the rest of the season. Spent some time picking out all the cherry tomatoes that were ready, and all the ones that fell to the ground.
A few more weeks of gardening to go, and hopefully our garden will survive. One of our goats got into the garden today and decided to feast on our sweet corn. Ugh!! Thankfully she only found 1 patch of the 2 in the garden. We saved what we could, and decided that it should get used up tonight. The rest was thrown out to our horses and alpaca's. I wanted to dig up some potatoes to see how they were doing. It looks like our crop turned out fairly well. Found 2 potatoes on the first dig.
Found great use for everything. Supper! Cherry tomatoes, sweet corn, and potatoes. We also had some fireball applesauce I made last fall from apples we picked at the orchard. It's great to have a dinner that you know is grown organically and not altered in any way. Already getting excited for next years garden:)
No comments:
Post a Comment