I haven't had a day for me in a long time. Thanks to a hectic work schedule and the farm, I do keep very busy. Today was different. I did the chores, milked the goats and got some housework done. Due to the heat and humidity, I wasn't much for going to the garden or working outside.
I needed to burn off energy somehow. The gym I thought!
Was I crazy? I haven't been to the gym since the snow melted. Luckily our gym is just in town, and it's the only place we have to watch TV. Even more of a reason why to go. We can't get any channels where we live without expensive satellite, that thanks to our wind probably wouldn't work half the time. Off to the gym we went. After 2 miles of walking and running I was wiped out. It felt great to get back to the gym. I'm hoping to keep it up and continue with the hopes of shredding a few pounds.
I'm very much a goal oriented person. I think to help with shredding a few pounds, maybe I need a goal to walk so many miles. Something to keep me motivated. I feel great after I go, but then life and work gets in the way. I'm great at making excuses as to why I shouldn't exercise. Not as to why I should. Different train of thought on my part is much needed.
I spent the rest of my day doing a few chores and relaxing. I haven't relaxed in a long time, doing fun things I've wanted to do. We played a game of cards and went to go see Mr. Poppers Penguins. It was a great movie, with adult humor that kids didn't get. I love movies like that for kids.
We got home just in time to see that a few goats managed to get out of the fence again. Off to walking fence lines again in this hot weather. Most defiantly will use a fence stretcher next time we put fences up. The goats are jumping on the fences, making them looser and then going underneath. Ugh.. one more lesson on the farm. It's the learning and living that I love everyday of life.
~Angela
No comments:
Post a Comment