Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Alpaca Update

It's been so long since my last post. I've been a little busy with farm life and still working away. My last post ended with a not so sure note. On a good note the significant other quickly fell in love with the alpaca's. Within an hour of my last post, he was understanding and seemed to be interested in Alpaca's. He has enjoyed seeing them and I have caught him "checking up" on the alpaca's since we put them out to pasture with the goats and horses. I'm glad that he is enjoying them as much as I am.

Alpacas each have a great personality, with a lot of differences. We haven't had the chance to finish shaving them . We had some problems with the shearers we bought. Now that we have fixed the shearers, we need to get this done before winter. We are having to leave a lot of coat on, just because of winter coming. But 5 years of matted fiber doesn't come off very well. Waiting on the next day, that isn't too hot to finish and a day when I have a good helper:)

We still have yet to name our alpacas. We need 3 male names that somewhat go together. All of our animals, except 1 of our mustangs, have come to us with names, as they were all rescues. Granted we have changed a few names of horses, etc. Such as "Erv" to "Apollo." We aren't very creative when it comes to names. Anyone have suggestions for 3 male alpaca names? Any help would be appreciated:)

~Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment